Saturday, March 04, 2006

Have we lost our resolve w/o knowing it?

Something I am very concerned with is American apathy. Back when 9-11 took us by surprise we patriotic Americans were ready to do whatever it took to stop terrorism (or get even, take your pick). Now, a few years later we all believe we are more prepared and just as intolerant towards terror, but I am seeing signs of the opposite. Our President's resolve to see this thing through is being attacked at every level both by Republicans and Democrats. I share his belief these radical people are never going to stop trying to kill Americans here and abroad.

I created an Osama Bin Laden poster with a bullet hole between his eyes and a bloody American flag draped in the background. At the bottom of the poster is actual Bin Laden quotes about how killing Americans is doing God's work. I showed it to a number of people yesterday and they all admitted it looked very professional as to the graphics, but no one thought it was a good idea to actually put it on a wall, especially at work! In fact, I was told NOT to put it on the wall over my desk. It wasn't humor. It was death. It was ugly reality.

Now, let's back up to September 12th, 2001. My Unit Superintendent had hundreds of bumper stickers printed and sold them at cost recommending we kill Bin Laden in an ugly fashion. Everyone was on board and proudly displayed them.

Yes, we as Americans believe we should do our part, but what we really want is for the whole thing to just go away. We are like a mean old dog that gets poked through a fence. We bark a lot and 10 minutes later we forget we were ever poked and go back to sleep not realizing the character with the stick is still standing on the other side of the fence.

Baytown Bert

Get the poster! Click here

No comments:

Reviving my lost Trackables.

 Reviving my lost Trackables. BaytownBert 3-15-24 Over the last 20 years, I’ve purchased and in many cases released somewhere short of 150 T...