Friday, April 01, 2011

Alaska Update from Deadhorse Connie 4-1-11

.
Temperature at 0630, 17 below zero.

With daylight savings time rolling the clock forward, it is still before dawn when I drive to work; twilight.

This morning, as I sat in the line to get through the gate, I looked out to the east and whispered, “wow.”

Everything was a shade of purple, blue or pink; the horizon sprinkled with the lights of the various facilities. It was overwhelming…not eye candy…this was God-eye-va Chocolate. I had to thank God for the beauty, the purple tundra majesty, so to speak, that I was seeing, and for my eyesight and the ability to appreciate what a rare opportunity I have been given. I was so glad to be right there at that moment because it goes from dark to light very quickly, and that particular sight did not last long. My only regret is that there was no one to share it with; to say five years from now, “remember that April morning……..”

How can anyone believe this universe was an accident?

From the Arctic Circle............I remain,

Deadhorse Connie

No comments:

Reviving my lost Trackables.

 Reviving my lost Trackables. BaytownBert 3-15-24 Over the last 20 years, I’ve purchased and in many cases released somewhere short of 150 T...