Monday, March 19, 2012

Super Stop in Baytown May Be Over-Charging!

Has anyone else suspected or noticed the older Middle Eastern fellow who man's the counter at the Super Stop SHELL gas station at N. Main & E. Cedar Bayou Lynchburg Road punches the keyboard on the register instead of scanning the item and will "accidentally" over-charge?

I've called the guy out on it twice and I won't go in the store now. Try it yourself. Know the cost of an item or two or three, figure the taxes and watch to see if you are being scalped.

Do it routinely at any convenience store by the way. If they do not scan your items, it is a sign they might be doing fancy math in their favor.
 It's not just me.  Here is what other people are saying about the place:
 - Yes, price diff everyday..I quit going too.. sad part is how many people go there and totally unaware.... makes u want to put up signs... wonder if BBB would work? Nah:.. he's making too much to care.

-This guy also been know to run "8 liners" in the back of the store also.


-Most do this that I have come across. I've tried to stick to Exxon stations for this reason. They have consistently been stable on prices and they scan everything plus there prices are usually cheaper especially on tobacco products.


-Call the comptrollers office. Sounds like a case of tax fraud. They WILL investigate. They probably have a way you can report anonymously. They will go in, hang out and watch them to catch them not ringing the products properly.


-Especially the ones that have separate registers for cash and credit


-I have noticed it going on there for several years now. You definitely have to watch him IF you go in that station. I usually try not to go there because of this reason.


-I called the guy on it one night and the next time I came in he did it again. I walked out without paying the second time. I don't go back.


-Hate that store !! Prices are never consistent and they always overcharge on everything !


-Hillboys Chevron on 146 does the same thing as well as steal from the cars stopping through.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there,
What plant do u work at as a process operator?

. . . . . said...

You are posting anonymously and want to know where I work? What is your social security number. Post it here. LOL

Anonymous said...

LOL..you're a funny guy..I don't have an account that's why I posted anon.I'm just interested in the PTEC field.

Reviving my lost Trackables.

 Reviving my lost Trackables. BaytownBert 3-15-24 Over the last 20 years, I’ve purchased and in many cases released somewhere short of 150 T...