Monday, June 25, 2012

Rabbit Scares Woman in Jenkins Park!

Little harmless rabbit scares woman and fat baby in Jenkins Park, Baytown, Texas
My bride and I were walking our doggies at Jenkins Park the other day and we saw a young woman pushing a stroller coming toward us. A rabbit ran across the trail in front of her. She didn't see it and I asked her if she "saw that rabbit"? She said, "What?" and turned and at a trot, ran off pushing the stroller. I wonder what she would have done if a chupacabra had ran across in front of her...
 As she was running off, I yelled, "ITS RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!" I laughed for 5 minutes.
  The back two wheels broke off the stroller and she snatched that kid out of there, like Craig Biggio on a hot grounder and little rocks were flying up behind her as she ran out of sight screaming. Craziest thing I've ever seen.
Baytown Bert was only trying to helpthe fat baby and scared woman.
 I snatched up the wheels and took after her, catching her with her 62 lb toddler quite easily, but she thought I was the rabbit and kicked it into overdrive, spraying me with painful pebbles. One of them lodged in my right nostril and I finally dug it out 5 minutes ago.
 She was running so fast, she ran right out of her shoes and as I ran past, I reached down real low like and scooped them up at a full gallop, hardly missing a step and that's when that durned rabbit passed me and headed up the trail toward that screaming woman and that fat baby.
 My dear departed Dad once taught his four sons how to catch a running rabbit and I did everything I could to get close enough to make the maneuver. It zigged to the right, I did too. It darted left, I was right on it. The fat baby saw us coming, as the woman was all in and had slowed considerably. The gordo baby began to bellar like a little torito and this somehow gave the woman what she needed and in a shot that would make Otis Thorp proud, she hurled that fat baby through the window of her Cadillac Escalade and jumping in behind the wheel...
The woman pushing the fat baby gave it everything she had...
 She laid a strip of rubber so thick, she was on the rims before she hit Raccoon drive. The resulting sparks ignited the rubber and that danged rabbit burst into flames before my very eyes. It took one incredible leap, ricocheted off the sewer lift station and disappeared below the surface of Cary Bayou. I pulled up short of the tennis courts and shook my head. If I would have only brought my camera!  When I got back to my Jeep, my bride asked me how it turned out and all I could say was...
  "Would you like a pair of neon red running shoes,  size 14?"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heya! I understand this is somewhat off-topic however I had to ask.
Does building a well-established blog like yours
require a massive amount work? I am completely new to operating a blog however I do write in my journal every
day. I'd like to start a blog so I will be able to share my experience and feelings online.
Please let me know if you have any ideas or tips for
brand new aspiring bloggers. Thankyou!

Anonymous said...

hey there and thank you for your info - I have certainly picked
up anything new from right here. I did however expertise some technical points using this web site, as
I experienced to reload the site a lot of times previous to I could get it to load correctly.
I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will
often affect your placement in google and can damage your high-quality score if
advertising and marketing with Adwords. Well I'm adding this RSS
to my e-mail and could look out for a lot more of your respective fascinating
content. Ensure that you update this again soon..

Anonymous said...

I'm extremely impressed together with your writing skills as well as with the structure for your weblog.
Is that this a paid topic or did you modify it yourself?
Either way stay up the excellent high quality writing,
it is rare to look a nice blog like this one these days.

Anonymous said...

I am constantly thought about this, appreciate it for posting.

Reviving my lost Trackables.

 Reviving my lost Trackables. BaytownBert 3-15-24 Over the last 20 years, I’ve purchased and in many cases released somewhere short of 150 T...