Wednesday, January 09, 2013

2013 Starts Off With Hiking Adventures!

Made cookies in the morning 1-10-13
Well, the holiday season is finally over and I basically worked every bit of it, so aside from my personal writing and working on another book – a horror/comedy this time, I took every opportunity to go out into the woods with my Bride and doggies (when we could) to geocache.  I also teamed up with local geocaching hero, Larry Houston (HoustonControl) to teach a geocaching seminar at the Baytown Nature Center's Nurture Nature series, held each month at the center on the first Saturday.  For the last two years, it's been geocaching, but each other month, it is a different topic.

Our travels took us to a very rainy Huntsville and the state park there, Dickinson, Kemah, the JJ Mayes Trace and close-by rookery and even Lake Charlotte.  I even was questioned by a cop about my activities, who it turns out is an old TX4X4 off-roading buddy.  Enjoy the photos!

Geocaching seminar at the Baytown Nature Center's Nurture Nature series
Geocaching seminar at the Baytown Nature Center's Nurture Nature series
Geocaching seminar at the Baytown Nature Center's Nurture Nature series
Bella gets a bath
Coco doesn't like thunderstorms
BB finding a geocache in Dickinson, Tx.
It was raining very hard, so I made a yellow cake with milk chocolate frosting.

BB with yet another brush with the Five -O!
The Rookery at the Wallisville project off of I-10

Finding a geocache at the Rookery at the Wallisville project off of I-10
Geocaching on the Butterfly Nature Trail at the Trinity River NWR.

My doggies wanting a treat.
Getting credit for a virtual geocache at Sam Houston's statue in Huntsville.

3 comments:

Diana Thornton said...

It's the way to live, isn't it?

TD said...

Hey Bert, nice blog and photo set.

Anonymous said...

Will you be breaking through ice this winter to geo-cache? I hope so as I am living vicariously through you!

Reviving my lost Trackables.

 Reviving my lost Trackables. BaytownBert 3-15-24 Over the last 20 years, I’ve purchased and in many cases released somewhere short of 150 T...