Sunday, July 27, 2008

Black Duck Bay trail system?



Recently while hiking over the south side of the Fred Hartman bridge, I looked down on the dirt road that envelopes 2 giant retaining ponds and thought how wonderful this would be for Exxon-Mobil to open it for jogging and cycling.

A simple bridge spanning the broken road that used to lead to the tunnel is all that is needed for access.

Update: I think this is worthy of asking ExxonMobil. I am happy to put the question to them; as long as everyone understands that this is not City property and that we are not resourced to police or maintain it should ExxonMobil agree to open it up. Would a citizens group be willing to adopt it and be responsible for its upkeep? Garry Brumback
Update: I was contacted by Russ Roberts (ExxonMobil HR) to discuss the real possibility of making this project a reality. 7-31-08

7 comments:

. . . . . said...

Here's an updater: The city manager is going to approach ExxonMobil and I am and going to attempt to organize local citizen groups to keep it clean, if the project is okayed by EM.

BB

Anonymous said...

That would be so Great to have jogging trail there please keep me updated on any info or if there is anything I could do to help.

Rachel_carter@rocketmail.com

. . . . . said...

I sent Mr. Russ Roberts another email (cc`ing the city of Baytown City Manager and Mayor DonCarlos)requesting an update on the is proposal. Both Exxon and the City of Baytown would benefit from opening up this road system for biking, jogging and hiking.

LanthanumHexaboride said...

Any updates on this? I would love to jog along this trail! I would also be happy to volunteer to ask Trees For Houston to come plant trees along it for shade and to make it more beautiful!

. . . . . said...

Exxon cited concerns about terrorism, so it is a dead issue.

Anonymous said...

Everything is very open with a clear description of
the challenges. It was truly informative. Your site is very helpful.
Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

If some one needs expert view on the topic of running a blog after that
i advise him/her to pay a quick visit this blog, Keep up
the pleasant job.

Reviving my lost Trackables.

 Reviving my lost Trackables. BaytownBert 3-15-24 Over the last 20 years, I’ve purchased and in many cases released somewhere short of 150 T...