Monday, December 12, 2011



UPDATE from Alaska!

Editor's note:  Connie is my sister.  She works on the North Slope of Alaska close to Deadhorse.

When I returned for my rotation this time, I spent 5 days at the Anchorage Sheraton for training and our annual Team "Group Hug". The team members who were on the Slope, almost didn't make the first day because we had a "blow" the night before and the day they were set to fly. The weather warmed up suddenly from 25 below to above zero, causing high wind and heavy snow.  Everything shuts down here in that kind of weather, because you can't see your hand in front of your face.

It has remained warm since I've been here; ranging from about 10 below to around 22 degrees above zero. That's over though, and the cold is coming back quickly. That's good and bad..bad because it's COLD and good because it stops snowing and there is a lot less work cleaning up my truck so I can get to work.


Here are some web-cam shots of my room. The big blue blanket is my fancy curtain; it keeps out the light in the summer and the cold in the winter. I'm in a single-status room, which means I have no room-mate and my own bathroom.


Is it great? Look at my face.......probably no, but I do have a great job, working with people I like and respect, and I am home 12 days out of every 28. That's nice.  Connie

No comments:

Reviving my lost Trackables.

 Reviving my lost Trackables. BaytownBert 3-15-24 Over the last 20 years, I’ve purchased and in many cases released somewhere short of 150 T...