Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Questions raised about the Health Care Bill

“On Main Streets across Texas, the quote of the year belongs to Rep. John Conyers: "What good is reading the bill if it's a thousand pages and you don't have two days and two lawyers to find out what it means after you read the bill?"

Feeling swindled from the $787 billion stimulus bill, wary constituents are picking up the slack and reading the health care legislation themselves. And they want to make sure their elected representatives know what the fine print actually says”.

The following question is one that I personally asked and Sen. Cornyn (R) Texas also poses it:

--"Minimum benefit packages" that are mandated as a part of every insurance plan sound great, but since there's no such thing as a free lunch, don't mandated benefits actually reduce choices and drive up costs for all patients?

It's my opinion that a one-for-all base health program would be the equivalent of no insurance, or at the very best an entry-level policy that would be next to nothing. In other words, the passing of this current health care bill would boost the lower 15% and lower the quality of care of the other 85%, negating care for all.

No comments:

Customer service is not what it used to be

I was called by a local business today to pay for a maintenance service on my in-ground pool. My debit card on file had expired. ...