Friday, April 05, 2019

Distracted Drivers Need Remedial Training!


In response to a friend complaining about traffic congestion on Garth road, I offer this vision:
BB's take: I can get on Garth at SH-146 clear down by Park Street and drive almost all the way to I-10 usually without triggering a light change. Sometimes I catch the red light near Home Depot, but then when it turns green, I can go all the way to I-10, so my experience is not the same as yours with one giant exception.

The dead-heads driving all around me appear to be on some sort of mind-numbing Quaalude-ish drug that delays their reaction to... everything. They will get me stuck at the green light 3 cars back while each of them check their phone and this is the prime reason traffic is congested IMO.
Bump in rush hour traffic and you might as well walk.

Adding more lanes or removing traffic lights will have no impact on traffic congestion until people quit driving while distracted. Road rage should become a legal sport where cars are tagged with a sign that reads "Look at me. I need remedial training!" or "Honk if you love distracted driving!".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joan G: I agree with you, Bert. If people would not get on their phones when they are at a red light, they could begin to move as soon as the light changes. I think phones have become the adult pacifier for many people! They can’t do without it!

Suzanne M: "Quaalude-ish" LOL!!! You're hilarious! But I must agree with you regarding distracted drivers.

Anonymous said...

Sam C: They’re renewing their medicinal marijuana from Walgreens...lighten up mannnn...

Thomas P:Sounds like people need to work on improving their peripheral vision.

Shirley Dyer They can’t even stay in their own lanes, they drift over either hit or barely miss the curb or drift across line, while doing 20 in a 40 or two of them doing 20 side by side! 😬😡😬

Caroline P: Also no one makes turns correctly. Its maddening unless I just realize 8 out of 10 are selfish self centered really stupid AND distracted drivers. I had a delivery the other night by two girls and they were puzzled about my apt being West 305. They …See More

Karen J:You hit the nail on the head! I'm constantly yelling "Get off your phone!" to myself. So aggravating.

Anonymous said...

bookmarked!!, I really like your site!

Reviving my lost Trackables.

 Reviving my lost Trackables. BaytownBert 3-15-24 Over the last 20 years, I’ve purchased and in many cases released somewhere short of 150 T...