Thursday, May 23, 2019

Baytown Texas Takes on the #TrashTag Challenge


 
This is SH-146 at Tabb's Bay in 1974. We were a dirty and smelly Tri-city town with a lot of growth in our future.
We used to be viewed as just another stinky oil town. That is no longer the case. Baytown is actually cleaner than many cities surrounding Houston, but we can do better by educating the masses and actually going outside and removing debris from our town.
I've started a grass-root effort here on Facebook to address educating the public AND getting them involved in litter abatement and I am going to pursue this over the next year with great passion.  



We already have over 100 like-minded members and it is a vision where all members are accountable to contribute effort to remove litter on a daily basis.



Possibly quarterly we will tackle a large project and have a potluck meal afterward. There will be no galas, no scholarships awarded, just people actually working to make our city very clean. There will also be no kings, or queens and no $65 a plate to raise money at this event... just people working.

I took this photo in the parking lot of Food Town on N. Main in Baytown.


It is the goal for this group of volunteers to be heavily represented by the Baytown Sun and any TV news station we can entice to cover it. I want Baytown to shine and I do believe it will have an almost magical effect on our perception of the city.



It is important that we document through photography and placing the photos on our individual pages to encourage others to help. There is also an opportunity to shame litterers into stopping. People who litter look just like us, our family, and our friends. They need to be educated to stop throwing trash out the window of their cars and truck.



Here is today’s photo of #TrashTag (add this to your photo when you post it to FB) and the difference ONE person can make: 
The idea is each person works every day to remove litter. Small amounts add up quickly.

The #TrashTag movement is an international effort for the average person to make a positive impact on the litter problem.
.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there i am kavin, its my first occasion to commenting anyplace, when i read this piece of
writing i thought i could also make comment due to this good paragraph.

Anonymous said...

Good day! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give
a quick shout out and tell you I really enjoy
reading through your blog posts. Can you suggest any
other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same subjects?
Appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

May I simply say what a relief to uncover someone who
truly understands what they're discussing on the net.
You actually know how to bring an issue to light and make it
important. A lot more people should read this and understand this side of your story.
I was surprised you are not more popular because you most certainly have the gift.

Anonymous said...

What's up everyone, it's my first go to see at this
web site, and post is actually fruitful designed for me, keep up posting these types of content.

Anonymous said...

Good information. Lucky me I recently found your site by chance
(stumbleupon). I have saved it for later!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found
that it's truly informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels.
I will appreciate if you continue this in future. Many people will be benefited
from your writing. Cheers!

Reviving my lost Trackables.

 Reviving my lost Trackables. BaytownBert 3-15-24 Over the last 20 years, I’ve purchased and in many cases released somewhere short of 150 T...