Tuesday, May 23, 2006

What books am I reading?

Don't take this as anything other than a stimulant to keep studying! BB

I just finished:

- Hell Is Over : Voices of the Kurds after Saddam, An Oral History
- No Logo: No Space, No Choice, No Jobs
- A Short History of Islam
- The Beauty Myth : How Images of Beauty Are Used Against Women
- Peace to End All Peace: The Fall of the Ottoman Empire and the Creation of the Modern Middle East
- Inside Iraq: The History, the People, and the Modern Conflicts of the
World's Least Understood Land
- Implicating Empire: Globalization and Resistance in the 21st Century
- Mastering Macromedia Contribute
- The Hot Zone
- A Day Late and a Dollar Short
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- Glory Denied: The Saga of Jim Thompson, America's Longest-Held Prisoner
of War

I have in my lunchbox:

- The Anarchist in the Library: How the Clash between Freedom and Control is Hacking the Real World and Crashing the System

I have on my night stand:

- Claiming a Continent: A New History of Australia

In the queue:

- A History of Urban America
- Backlash : The Undeclared War Against Women
- Globalization from Below
- Don't Think, Smile! : Notes on a Decade of Denial
- Peter the Great
- Between Two Worlds : Escape From Tyranny : Growing Up in the Shadow of Saddam
- Winning Modern Wars: Iraq, Terrorism, and the American Empire
- The Fall of Baghdad
- Saddam's Bombmaker: The Terrifying Inside Story of the Iraqi Nuclear and Biological Weapons Agenda

No comments:

Reviving my lost Trackables.

 Reviving my lost Trackables. BaytownBert 3-15-24 Over the last 20 years, I’ve purchased and in many cases released somewhere short of 150 T...