Sunday, June 05, 2011

Coleman's Carwash on N. Main


Well, I see Coleman's Carwash on N. Main here in beautiful Baytown is up for sale  Good deal.  That particular car wash was one more beauty before it was sold to these people.  It started down hill almost immediately.  The landscaping alone must have cost a fortune and I don't believe it's been tended to since the Coleman's bought it.  It looks like a jungle from the road, all grown up and everything.

Each time I've stopped in there, something wasn't working properly, notably the wax option.  Pity, but maybe someone will buy the place and restore it to its former state.  North Main surely does not need another business that looks trashy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It used to be real nice when I stayed on that side of town. I moved out to Cove and we don't have a carwash. We don't have much of anything out here though so it's not a big shocker. Remember Piedmont Appts. (sp?)? They used to be nice as well. But it didn't take long for that to go downhill."

Reviving my lost Trackables.

 Reviving my lost Trackables. BaytownBert 3-15-24 Over the last 20 years, I’ve purchased and in many cases released somewhere short of 150 T...