Friday, June 17, 2011

Original Baytown Seafood Building Blackened!

Building 6-17-11 after a fire destroyed it.



Well, I imagine there was the smell of charred shrimp and blackened fish in old Pelly the other night and many might have thought it was business as usual, but wait, what? The old building was going up in grease-perfumed smoke?  There is definately something fishy about this.

Well, it's not like it was any real loss, since the battered old building was vacant and set to be demolished like a Friday night side order of oysters...but it was the original location and I suppose some folks might be floundering in sediment, er, uh, I mean sentiment. Adios old beat-up building.
Update: 6-23-11  Building is down.  New building is behind it.

Note: I've eaten there many times and since no one was hurt or hurting, I just wanted to have a little fun with the story.
.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow I used to go there when it was the West Main Cafe! SS

Anonymous said...

Well this time they did not do a drive through from the curve! FM

Anonymous said...

My husband's cousin owned it when it was the West Main Cafe. AGM

Anonymous said...

I sure have eaten their in the morning back in the 70's and getting in line for the tunnel traffic. DR

Anonymous said...

I have been to the old Baytown Seafood many times and it reminds me of a few more that I ate at that burned down - the old Monument Inn and Legal Seafood in Boston. All had great seafood.

All were from suspicious causes. CK

Reviving my lost Trackables.

 Reviving my lost Trackables. BaytownBert 3-15-24 Over the last 20 years, I’ve purchased and in many cases released somewhere short of 150 T...