Sunday, June 05, 2011

Massey Tompkins Gets A Sidewalk!

Massey Tompkins is getting an upgrade!  New sidewalk from SH-146 to North Main and it's about time.  Baytown, if you haven't noticed is very hostile towards people on foot and bicycles.  I applaud the city for making this possible.  Next, I would love to see our new councilman Bob Hoskins get a sidewalk and shoulder down McKinney Road.  That place has lots of foot traffic and is flat out dangerous for children going to one of the convenience stores.  Don't even try to ride a bicycle on that road either.  I speak from experience.
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed today they are putting sidewalks on Pruett near Williams St. MR

Anonymous said...

"I use to live about a block away (towards 146) from where this picture was taken. The girls and I had to wait until there were no cars in site before we could pull out and peddle as fast as we could on our bikes until we could turn on Raccoon. I am glad that there is a sidewalk there now, but I sure would have loved it to be there when I lived there!" JL

Anonymous said...

"Also on Jones by Lamar School. That is really good." TN

Reviving my lost Trackables.

 Reviving my lost Trackables. BaytownBert 3-15-24 Over the last 20 years, I’ve purchased and in many cases released somewhere short of 150 T...