Thursday, August 08, 2019
Do the two mass shootings realy represent gun violence here?
Homicides and gun violence of this magnitude takes place every weekend in Democrat-controlled Baltimore, St. Louis, Detroit, and New Orleans, so how is this different? Chicago is not even listed!
Oh gosh. Now I get it. It's a white Supremacist guy shooting people of color! Never mind that "people of color" regularly slaughter each other with total abandon in our big cities...
My bad. Move along. No news here folks. Here are the stats: Of the 36,383 Americans killed with guns each year, 22,274 are gun suicides (61%), 12,830 are gun homicides (35%), 496 are law enforcement shootings (1.4%), and 487 are unintentional shootings (1.3%).
- Firearm violence: Nationally, about 12 people are killed with guns for every 100,000 US residents.
- Vehicle accidents: Nearly 1.25 million people die in road crashes each year, on average 3,287 deaths a day. An additional 20-50 million are injured or disabled. More than half of all road traffic deaths occur among young adults ages 15-44.
- Choking: In the United States, the odds of one dying from choking on food is around 1 in 2,696. These odds are greater than the odds of dying from an accidental gun discharge or as a passenger on a plane. In 2017, there were around 1.6 deaths from choking per 100,000 population.
- Prescription drugs: More than 70,200 Americans died from drug overdoses in 2017, including illicit drugs and prescription opioids—a 2-fold increase in a decade.
- Marijuana overdose: “We know from really good survey data that Americans use cannabis products billions of times a year, collectively,” argued Keith Humphreys, a former senior policy adviser at the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy, “Not millions of times, but billions of times a year,” the policy adviser said. “So, that means that if the risk of death was one in a million, we would have a couple thousand cannabis overdose deaths a year.” Clearly this is not the case as there has only been ONE unexplained marijuana overdose in recorded history in the US.
Mitt Romney’s top adviser, Joseph Cofer Black, joined the board of the Ukraine energy firm, Burisma, while Hunter Biden was also serving on ...
San Jacinto Memorial Hospital stands on a hill on Decker Drive and looks like a place the Munsters would inhabit. Here is the sad dem...
. Back in the late 1920's or maybe 1930 a hotel was built on the corners of W. Defee and N. Ashbel streets. It was the Del Mont hotel a...
My bride and I were asked today if we had tried MIO, the new sweet drink energy enhancer. I did some research on it. I don't think ...