Saturday, September 17, 2011

BB's Easy Peasy Red Beans & Rice

.
2 large boxes of Zatarain's or Tony Chachere's red beans and rice
2# ground Chuck
1# pan sausage
1 large onion
2 large cans Rotel brand tomatoes
1 can stewed tomatoes
2 large cans pinto beans
2 large cans black beans
I package real bacon bits
parsley flakes

Cook the boxed beans according to instructions
Cook the meat and onions until brown
Cook everything else in a very large pot and add the boxed beans and meat when they are done.

Makes a lot of beans and rice and we always freeze a bunch for my work lunches

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Garry wrote: "You cousins are crazy psychic! Heidi went out today and bought all the ingredients to make red beans and rice, then I saw your post tonight. She thought I posted asking for a recipe!"

Reviving my lost Trackables.

 Reviving my lost Trackables. BaytownBert 3-15-24 Over the last 20 years, I’ve purchased and in many cases released somewhere short of 150 T...