Friday, September 09, 2011

Kayaking on Goose Creek



My Bride and I took our tandem Ocean Kayak out on Goose Creek today, launching from the excellent boat dock behind the Eddie V. Gray Wetlands Center.

It was a perfect day to be on the water, with a light breeze and 75 degrees F.  Once on the water, we paddled north and passed under the Texas Avenue bridge, hailing a fellow attempting to catch a fish (none yet, he yelled).

We saw many cormorant, pelicans, egrets, great egrets, and herons, of various types.  The tide was coming in, but not being sure of where the channels runs, we ran through some water less than 12 inches from my hull.

I'm thinking if the barge terminal is installed on Cedar Bayou, Goose Creek will need to be dredged, but right now it's still good for kayaking and there's even a geocache on an island down close to the park street bridge, thanks to Larry Houston.

 
.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Awesome!" TR

Anonymous said...

"Sandra is totally awesome!" TDR

Anonymous said...

"I love me some Sandra....you're okay too. :)"

Anonymous said...

"You are so looooonnnnnnyyyyy !!!!" BC

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun!! I'm glad you enjoyed your paddle... sorry I missed you guys launching your boats!!

Reviving my lost Trackables.

 Reviving my lost Trackables. BaytownBert 3-15-24 Over the last 20 years, I’ve purchased and in many cases released somewhere short of 150 T...