Saturday, June 24, 2006

Should we pull out of Iraq right now?

I'm thinking 50% of the time we need to go ahead and hand it back lock stock and barrel right quick. I just finished reading 'The Fall of Baghdad by Jon Lee Anderson and it is non-partisan. Iraqi's told Mr. Anderson over and over they were very grateful for America removing the Baathist's, but they were afraid we would just replace Saddam with the American government.

They want what America has, but they want to enjoy their version of it, which are Iraqi and Muslim. I think if we were to disappear into the woodwork, they could live with us (and many said that). They would enjoy US presence if we were out of sight on our bases (the western side of Iraq) and our presence would ensure their safety from their ancient enemy, the Persians. The whole area would effectively be stabilized.

I’m talking about the Iraqi’s in general, not Al Qaeda, Batthist Sunni’s or any other radical group, such as Al Sadr and the Fedayeen Muslim fighters. They have individual agendas and want their cuts of the pie (or the whole pie).

The International Capitalists would love to see a world without borders and tariffs so they can trade and trade and trade and in turn grow richer and richer and richer. The terrorists disrupt this capitalistic voracious excess and therefore must be eliminated. The terrorists understand this. This is why on 9-11, the World Trade Center was the supreme target for them…for the second time!

What countries hate about America is we destroy their culture after they take our hand-outs. We build McDonald’s and Wal-Mart’s everywhere we go. We defile their holy places and violate their culture. We want them to adopt our ways and heck-fire; they should learn to speak English to boot.

When I worked for ARCO years ago, I was shocked to see that Robert Anderson, who was CEO of ARCO, sat on the Board of directors of about 15 other large companies. The reason was Mr. Anderson (I know) was filthy rich and owned a huge amount of stock in these other companies. Enough stock that he could make policy. I was perplexed over this for many years until I gathered enough information to connect the dots.

Like I said, I enjoy the benefits of Capitalism and in many ways I am a capitalist, however and I said this before, doing business with the United States is like doing business with the Godfather. Sooner or later there will come a time when he asks for a favor and if the favor isn’t fulfilled, the USA will ‘get all up in your grill’. This is why we sell weapons to a country and 10 years later we invade it. They simply quit playing ball, or didn’t make good on ‘the favor’.

Sounds bizarre don’t it? Capitalism isn’t the best form of government, but as long as everyone buys, sells and trades, it works pretty well and if you work hard enough, you can own a lot of neat stuff!

No comments:

Reviving my lost Trackables.

 Reviving my lost Trackables. BaytownBert 3-15-24 Over the last 20 years, I’ve purchased and in many cases released somewhere short of 150 T...