4 cups - Pioneer Brand complete Buttermilk Pancake/waffle mix
3.5 cups - 1% milk
1 tbl spoon Mexican vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
1/2 cup pecan pieces
1# - thick sliced peppered bacon
- Mix everything but the bacon, butter and syrup in a large bowl
- Heat your griddle mid-high until water drops sizzle when tossed on
- Use a measuring cup and dip your batter to make one pancake at a time
- Watch carefully to keep from ruining the first cake - you can usually lower the temp after the first cake
- Fire up another burner and cook your bacon, or use the microwave
This recipe will feed 8 grown men with one large pancake and 3-4 pieces of delicious peppered bacon each.
Thursday, April 13, 2006
I was talking to a retired Indian couple at the gym the other day before spin class started. They are totally pleasant and both have...
When I was a kid, everyone burned leaves in the fall. I always enjoyed it so much. It was a happy time. Man, that smell was amaz...
Back in 1974, after coming back to the USA from the unpleasant conflict in Southeast Asia, I was stationed at Vandenberg Air Force...
Using little more than their imagination, do children still play in the make believe world that was so dear to my generation? Our ima...