I just finished:
- Inside Iraq: The History, the People, and the Modern Conflicts of the World's Least Understood Land
- Implicating Empire: Globalization and Resistance in the 21st Century
- Mastering Macromedia Contribute
- The Hot Zone
- A Day Late and a Dollar Short
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- Glory Denied: The Saga of Jim Thompson, America's Longest-Held Prisoner of War
I have in my lunchbox:
- No Logo: No Space, No Choice, No Jobs
I have on my night stand:
- Peace to End All Peace: The Fall of the Ottoman Empire and the Creation of the Modern Middle East
In the queue:
- A History of Urban America
- Backlash : The Undeclared War Against Women
- A Short History of Islam
- The Beauty Myth : How Images of Beauty Are Used Against Women
- Claiming a Continent : A New History of Australia
- Globalization from Below
- The Anarchist in the Library: How the Clash Between Freedom and Control is Hacking the Real World and Crashing the System
- Don't Think, Smile! : Notes on a Decade of Denial
- Hell Is Over : Voices of the Kurds after Saddam, An Oral History
As the big man is my witness, every word of this is unquestionable and void of hyperbolic incredibility. With that taken into consid...
Short Sharp Science (NewScientist blog) Oct. 22, 2008 The latest request from the Pentagon jars the senses. At least, it did mine. They ar...
San Jacinto Memorial Hospital stands on a hill on Decker Drive and looks like a place the Munsters would inhabit. Here is the sad dem...
My bride and I were asked today if we had tried MIO, the new sweet drink energy enhancer. I did some research on it. I don't think ...