I just finished:
- Inside Iraq: The History, the People, and the Modern Conflicts of the World's Least Understood Land
- Implicating Empire: Globalization and Resistance in the 21st Century
- Mastering Macromedia Contribute
- The Hot Zone
- A Day Late and a Dollar Short
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- Glory Denied: The Saga of Jim Thompson, America's Longest-Held Prisoner of War
I have in my lunchbox:
- No Logo: No Space, No Choice, No Jobs
I have on my night stand:
- Peace to End All Peace: The Fall of the Ottoman Empire and the Creation of the Modern Middle East
In the queue:
- A History of Urban America
- Backlash : The Undeclared War Against Women
- A Short History of Islam
- The Beauty Myth : How Images of Beauty Are Used Against Women
- Claiming a Continent : A New History of Australia
- Globalization from Below
- The Anarchist in the Library: How the Clash Between Freedom and Control is Hacking the Real World and Crashing the System
- Don't Think, Smile! : Notes on a Decade of Denial
- Hell Is Over : Voices of the Kurds after Saddam, An Oral History
I was talking to a retired Indian couple at the gym the other day before spin class started. They are totally pleasant and both have...
When I was a kid, everyone burned leaves in the fall. I always enjoyed it so much. It was a happy time. Man, that smell was amaz...
Back in 1974, after coming back to the USA from the unpleasant conflict in Southeast Asia, I was stationed at Vandenberg Air Force...
Using little more than their imagination, do children still play in the make believe world that was so dear to my generation? Our ima...